If you have come to realize that your parents or grandparents or the senior members in your family cannot live independently then going for an assisted living facility is the best option that you can consider. If your loved ones are facing mobility issues such as facing difficulty with eating, dressing up, toileting, walking, etc or if your senior family members are suffering from Alzheimer’s or Dementia then it is high time that you take certain actions for the well-being of your beloved. You cannot let them be at their own disposal which may cause an accident or an injury. But be very much careful with the selection of a facility. If you are a resident of the Phoenix region in Arizona then you can get in touch with the award-winning Anthem Senior Living which consists of some of the most experienced caregivers who provides high-level care to their clients. You can expect for your beloved to receive the best level of assisted living Anthem care in the hands of the professional wellness staff. If you have made up your mind about going for assisted living care and are about to make a transition then there are certain tips which you should follow so that your loved one’s transition is a happy one. The tips includes:
• You should include your loved ones in the discussion with regards to the services or amenities that they would receive in their new home. You should even involve them while you are zeroing in on a facility and let them provide with their inputs as well. As the day of the move would come closer just prepare them for the move specially if your loved one is suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s then they would not be in the best condition to make the move or make a decision which means you would require to make the choice for them. Encourage them and use positive reinforcement.
• Conduct a research prior to making an informed decision so as to make sure that it is the right long-care option. Always go for a licensed facility and then pay a visit, if possible check the reviews, check for the behavior of the staff members, ask the existing residents their experience of stay. In other words take a tour of the entire facility.
• Tour the dining hall, have a meal, check for the safety measures, make sure that the location is convenient for family and friends to pay a visit.
• See to it that the facility has the flexibility to upgrade their level of care as per the health conditions of the clients. Of course you would not like for your loved one to shift from the place where he or she is staying later on if the need arises, it can be traumatic experience for him and her.
• Then when the day of transition arrives, just go to the place and personalize the room which would create a warm, familiar and an inviting environment for your parents or grandparents as if it is a new home for them.
• Check for whether or not the facility offers activities and also transportation facilities.
Parting with your loved one can be a stressful experience for you but do not let it show on your face as it would make it difficult for them to move out. Be happy and encouraging. You can choose from the number of suites at Anthem Senior Living for your beloved and give them a good experience. For more information get in touch with us.
If you are in the search for a quality assisted living home or adult care home in Anthem Arizona, Anthem Senior Living may be among your favorites, see what others have said about our assisted living home.
Leave a Reply